A human favorite with a twist – this summer treat is made with your pup in mind! Looking to make a cold, yet healthy treat for your dog during this HOT week? Check out our Ruff, Wags, & Bark Pupsicles recipe below.
Ruff, Wags, & Bark Pupsicles
- 1- 2 cups hulled strawberries
- 1- 2 cups of Goat’s Milk (we used Bones&Co. Goat’s Milk)
- 1-2 cups of blueberries
- 4 6″ standard bully sticks
- Ice Pop Maker mold
- Make the red (ruff) layer. In a blender, puree the strawberries, scraping down sides as needed. Pour the pureed strawberries into the ice pop maker, filling 1/3 of the popsicle mold. Place one bully stick into eacg popsicle mold. Freeze until firm.
- Make the white (wags) layer. Pour the Goat’s Milk into the ice pop maker, filling 1/3 of the popsicle mold. If using frozen goat’s milk, make sure to dethaw the goat’s milk in your refrigerator in advanced. If using dehydrated goat’s milk, follow the directions on the label to rehydrate and cool before pouring into the mold. Freeze until firm.
- Make the blue (bark) layer. In a blender, puree the blueberries, scraping down sides as needed. Pour the pureed blueberries into the ice pop maker, filling the rest of the popsicle mold. Freeze until firm.
- Make the pup(s) happy. Just before serving, briefly run the molds under hot water to release the pops. We suggest serving the pupsicles outside to your pup(s) to prevent a mess inside.
Beef it up: wanting to add protein to this? You can add your pet’s raw food as the red layer. Dethaw or rehydrate the meat, puree the meat, and pack it in to the popsicle mold.
We hope you enjoy making these yummy and healthy frozen treats for your pup(s). Our Bark Directors approved of this recipe, and we hope you receive tail wags as well. If you have any additional suggestions for this recipe or others, comment below or share on Facebook.